I’m just going to come right out and say it…I LOVE INSTAGRAM! It has been a favorite social media app of mine from, well, it’s beginning! It’s been such a favorite that even my two dogs have their very own account. You can check them out @SleepingShihTzus. Why is Instagram a favorite of mine? Mostly because of its simplicity and also because it is highly visual. Even though it is pretty simple and straightforward to use, there are some pretty cool tricks you can do to help you stand out in the feeds. Check out my 5 secret Instagram tricks you may not know about below.
Trick #1: Never Miss A Post From Your Favorite IG Poster
There are some pretty cool Instagram accounts out there. I definitely have my favs! Did you know you can get a notification each time your favorite Instagrammer posts something? Here’s how:
- Navigate to their account
- Click on the 3 dots (…) in the upper right corner of their profile
- Select “Turn On Post Notifications” to get notified each time they post something new
- This also works for the “Stories” feature of Instagram
Trick#2: Save Posts For Later
Have you ever seen a post that you wanted to go back to and read later on? Maybe it was a recipe, a DIY, or a great blog post announcement? You can save these posts and categorize them in categories on your account! Here’s how:
- Look for the “flag” icon at the bottom right of the post
- Keep your “read for later” posts organized by categorizing them into custom named collections
Trick #3: Add a Line to Your Instagram Caption
Have you ever wondered how people are able to add a line to their Instagram caption. Here’s how they do it. Start typing a caption. When you want to add a new line, tap on the “123” button on your keyboard. Look for and tap the “return” key. Voila! You just added a line to your caption.
Trick #4: See Posts You’ve Liked In The Past
Curious to see which posts you have “liked” in the past? Here’s how you can see them:
- Navigate to your profile
- Click on the “gear” icon or the 3 dots in the upper right corner of your profile
- From the drop-down menu select the option “Posts You’ve Liked”
- If you want to “unlike” a post you have liked in the past, tap on the picture and then tap on the red heart to remove the like
Trick #5: Save a Post as a Draft
Have you ever been in the middle of creating an awesome Instagram caption only to run out of time and not be able to post it? There is a way to save your post as a draft to complete later. Here’s how:
- Take a picture and begin to post as you normally would
- When you need to save it as a draft, tap on the back arrow icon in the upper left corner of your screen
- A menu will come up giving you the option to save the post as a draft
- Select “save as draft” and exit the app
- When you are ready to post your image, tap on the + button to add an image
- Notice you will have a section of your screen that says “Manage Drafts”
- Click on the draft you want to post and pick up where you left off.
There are LOTS of cool tricks and hacks hidden within Instagram. It just takes some poking around to find them. What are your favorite Instagram hidden hacks?